Monday, March 13, 2006

I've Been Tagged!

Rob got me. So, here are 6 quirky/weird things about me! I'll tag 6 of you at the end.

1. I'm some sort of claustrophobic. I can't wear socks or full-length pants to bed. I can't sleep in a sleeping bag or in a bed with the sheets tucked in. I can't wear a necklace to bed. I'll wake up in a panic thinking it's going to strangle me in my sleep

2. My favorite TV shows and movies put me to sleep. My mind focuses on that, rather than the days events. If it's a show I don't care about, it isn't so easy to fall asleep.

3. I'm shy. Or something like that. I can talk all day long behind a microphone in a studio. Get me in front of a crowd (a wedding, my dad's birthday party) and I get really nervous. People think that because I talk for a living, that reading at a wedding would be a piece of cake. NOT! I had a pastor tell me "Slow down. If you think it's too slow, it's probably perfect." Yeah, thanks. Talking is my job. I know how to do it. I just don't like doing it when people can see me.

4. I am VERY impatient. As Veruca Salt says in "Willy Wonka": I want an Oompa Loompa NOW! Ok, so I don't want an Oompa Loompa. But whatever I do want, I want it now. Whether it's a new purse or an answer to a question. Maybe it's arriving somewhere...even a stoplight. I'd rather sit at a stoplight than drive behind someone. The faster I get to the stoplight the better. Don't tell me to wait. I don't wanna. And don't tell me I have a surprise coming. That's just mean. I love surprises, I just don't want to know I'm getting one, unless I can have it NOW. Oh, and if you're talking stupid, I don't have time to waste on you. Get to the point and move on. (God, I'm a bitch!)

5. Don't show me your fresh injury. If you recently cut your head, your hand, your foot...whatever. It grosses me out and I don't want to see it. Even if I say I do, I really don't. So unless the cut you're going to show me is your hair, don't.

6. Tell me I can't do something. See what happens. My aunt told me I'd never finish Walk America the first year I tried. I did. Even with shards of glass in my arm, because I tripped halfway through and broke a glass bottle of Gatorade. But I finished. And I had someone tell me while we were at a hockey game (what was the name of the team that played in madison back in '96?) that I couldn't shut up. I didn't speak to him the rest of the game.

Ok, there you go. I will now tag: Gertie, Dave, T, Jen, B, and Babe if she has time. She's a CPA, you see. She's a tad busy this time of year!

No comments: